AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2018
HELP! I wasn't sure where to put this other than Ask-A-Model. I have a 1080p Logitech C920 webcam, which is a highly recommended camera for performing. The only recording software I have at the moment is OBS, which I heard is an okay place to start. I just recorded my first clip to be uploaded, but even though I told it to record in 1080p in all of the settings, it still seems to be blurry and low-res. It looks more like a 480p video no matter what program I use to open it. I will probably charge very low for this first clip because of this and was hoping to get way more out of it than I can now that it didn't record in a higher quality like it was supposed to. There is also a very bad echo. Every noise I make happens twice. Once quiet and then once at full volume right afterward. Is there something I can do in an editing software to fix either of these issues or do I just have to upload it as is and hope someone is willing to pay for it?

I don't know much about obs but maybe try recording using xsplit or manycam if you continue having issues also check your webcam settings and make sure right sound and right light are both turned off.

You could take the sound completely out and put in some royalty free music but to be honest if the video quality and sound are as bad as you say, I probably wouldnt sale it at all. If your not already well established, you definitely want to put out the best content you can, so don't get in a hurry and shoot yourself in the foot. Work out the kinks, re-record and practice editing... no body is expecting professional grade content but at the very least produce a product that can be enjoyable to watch/hear. Give it a few months/years and get a following and this sounds like a perfect blooper type video that a regular of yours would probably enjoy having.

Reactions: AriAngel
I don't know much about obs but maybe try recording using xsplit or manycam if you continue having issues also check your webcam settings and make sure right sound and right light are both turned off.

You could take the sound completely out and put in some royalty free music but to be honest if the video quality and sound are as bad as you say, I probably wouldnt sale it at all. If your not already well established, you definitely want to put out the best content you can, so don't get in a hurry and shoot yourself in the foot. Work out the kinks, re-record and practice editing... no body is expecting professional grade content but at the very least produce a product that can be enjoyable to watch/hear. Give it a few months/years and get a following and this sounds like a perfect blooper type video that a regular of yours would probably enjoy having.
I definitely don't have months/years to get it right. I need to upload something because I have a child that needs fed. I'm happy with the video itself and it looks clear despite it not being perfect. I don't know anyone who can teach me video editing, though, so I'm completely alone on figuring the audio out. I despirately need something uploaded to sell because my streams get me $50 on a good day. I need to be making that or more on a regular basis until someone hires me. As much as I hate the idea of getting a normal job again, it's looking like I have no choice.

ETA: I don't have money for something like "XSplit" or anything right now. I can only use free software.

HELP! I wasn't sure where to put this other than Ask-A-Model. I have a 1080p Logitech C920 webcam, which is a highly recommended camera for performing. The only recording software I have at the moment is OBS, which I heard is an okay place to start. I just recorded my first clip to be uploaded, but even though I told it to record in 1080p in all of the settings, it still seems to be blurry and low-res. It looks more like a 480p video no matter what program I use to open it. I will probably charge very low for this first clip because of this and was hoping to get way more out of it than I can now that it didn't record in a higher quality like it was supposed to. There is also a very bad echo. Every noise I make happens twice. Once quiet and then once at full volume right afterward. Is there something I can do in an editing software to fix either of these issues or do I just have to upload it as is and hope someone is willing to pay for it?

For the noise did you add audio input capture aswel as webcam in sources cause that would cause double recording of audio, should show multiple active mics in mixer if so, disable superfluous active mic in mixer by clicking the loudspeaker icon there.

As for image quality, depends alot on hardware and setting but OBS should be perfectly able to record in high rez, perhaps trying the auto-configuration wizard in tools menu and selecting to optimize for recording?

Is the quality issue in the preview screen in OBS and the recording or just in the recording?
If it looks bad in OBS preview then it's your webcam settings that are the problem this should help
If it looks good in the preview window but comes out bad in the recording then your OBS settings are off, if so send me a msg and I'll see what I can do.

The sound issue, is your mic outputting to desktop as well? try muting the desktop audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.