AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where do you guys look when camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Where do you look when camming?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexaCrush

Cam Model
Jul 14, 2017
Twitter Username
@thealexacrush
MFC Username
AlexaCrush
Streamate Username
AlexaCrush
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000872272/AlexaCrush/
Hey everyone! I was online for the first time last night (wooho) and realized I wasn't really sure where I should be looking while camming, or if that even matters. I assume looking into the webcam is preferred because that would be the closest to eye contact with the viewers, but I keep finding myself wanting to look at my own little video screen right below that because I see myself moving and my brain goes "ooo, whats that, look at that" hahah.

I'm just curious as to what others do or if you find it makes a big difference or not.

(Member not a model. so take with grain of salt.)

this isn't in ask a model so I'll answer. ok thats a lie. ask-a-model has never stopped me from answering. ;)

if you're on a chat based site like mfc, I suspect models are mainly looking at the monitor for room chat/pm. (guys like not getting ignored)
You look at your own video sometimes to make sure its not frozen and no one bothered to tell you.

It depends on your room. If you're known for your eyes, and no one talks in your room, you should be staring doe eyed at the camera with your best come hither look.

In my experience even when doing a dildo bj a lot of models dont know that looking into the camera would be a darn good idea.

Your questions are good. but I am wondering if its more of a product of anxiousness. a sort of "oh my god what should I do with my hands!!!!"
Dont over think it.

I am reminded of a model, I think the she said the video was flippped so when she moved her arm the arm was on the wrong side. so she used software to flip it to be more mirror like. That ruled in us seeing tshirt letters backwards. So the model put her need over ours, until we complained enough. I might not be remembering that story exactly right. Where that relates to this is watching your own video can throw you off.

I think it depends on what you are currently doing. If you are telling a story you should look into the camera, but if you are having a conversation it is probably better to look at the chat. If you are doing a show or some sort of tease camera is the right choice except for when you want to make sure you are in frame or if you feel like you want to respond to the chat. In the end you have to figure out what works for you and your style of camming.

Your questions are good. but I am wondering if its more of a product of anxiousness. a sort of "oh my god what should I do with my hands!!!!"
Dont over think it.
Haha this may definitely be it. I was a little worried about looking like I was all over the place because I couldn't figure out where to keep looking when I wasn't looking directly at the chat hahaha.

I think it depends on what you are currently doing. If you are telling a story you should look into the camera, but if you are having a conversation it is probably better to look at the chat. If you are doing a show or some sort of tease camera is the right choice except for when you want to make sure you are in frame or if you feel like you want to respond to the chat. In the end you have to figure out what works for you and your style of camming.
That makes sense. I'll have to keep that in mind next time. I think I was maybe overthinking it last night hahah.

My camera is positioned above my broadcasting screen so if I do look at myelf it's in the direction of the camera. If I am getting into a topic or convo I will start looking at the camera as if the eyes of the person are right in front of me. If I am in a show I try to spend most of my time looking at the camera for full engagement, unless the member has their camera opened and would like me to view them more.

My webcam is on top of the laptop, and I get plenty of compliments about my eyes and hair and lips, which is pretty nice! If I am talking, or thanking for tips, I look into the webcam (just cause it's personal!). I've been filming clips long enough to have trained myself to not stare at the screen unless for talking. It's helpful to just remind yourself to look at chat or look into the webcam for talking, etc.

Reactions: dilligaf0
if you're on a chat based site like mfc, I suspect models are mainly looking at the monitor for room chat/pm. (guys like not getting ignored)
You look at your own video sometimes to make sure its not frozen and no one bothered to tell you.

Making eye contact with the camera once in a while shows you are present.

I would say what is more important in general is that the model not look distracted. Sometimes models get bored and start to wander off into texts and social media and stop responding to public chats. That can be really destructive and people start leaving.

@thehills could you send me a private message here?

Ive been doing this for almost 10 years and I still find that I 'watch myself'....I do place my camera directly over my chat so that I am always looking in that general direction. For me it is kind of like looking in a mirror, I feel like I can be prettier/sexier when I am checking myself out and I have never had anybody complain about me not making direct eye contact.

Reactions: AlexaCrush
I only work on private based sites, but I am usually looking at myself to make sure I'm getting good angles lol. The only time I look at the camera is if I'm doing any sort of domme show, a bj show or if I'm talking to someone directly in free chat to get them to go private. I find giving a seductive line or talking to a regular directly gets them to go private faster because they feel the direct attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.