AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do some models have Doppelgangers in their room??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2015
Okay, so I've been watching some top models on MFC and something weird I noticed is that they have these 'doppelgangers' in their room. Like literally people whose usernames show up right below the model's username and they literally monitor the room. Like every once in a while, they'll post up topics and videos for sale like it's their job or something. And I know it's not the model doing it because she's usually not typing when it happens (maybe once or twice I've seen the model do it herself). But just recently I saw a model's highest tipper advertising the girl's videos like it was his own. It just seems kind of weird and I wonder why people do it (or does the model create a robot for her room?). Sorry I'm new to MFC and not sure if that was a trend or anything.

Usually it's a room helper. Room helpers can set/modify the topics and countdowns. Regulars of the model's room might advertise for them as well.

As a room helper myself, while she is doing shows and cannot do certain things... I come in and help her with sending out her videos, updating countdowns, updating topics, posting banner advertisements, etc. This helps her keep doing what she does best and keeps her from being interrupted to do things that I can do for her instead.

I'm a room helper myself.

You are seeing a room helper in action. Models can appoint a member to handle some functions for her, which include the ability to change the Topic message, and Ban troublesome users. Often Helpers are people who have been regulars or friends with the model for a very long time, and they also can handle video distribution, questions, and general help in the room.

All of this allows the model to focus on her show and not have to deal with the other stuff. Giving her the freedom to have better shows, and do the fun stuff you enjoy.

Room helpers are *AMAZING*! I don't know what I'd do without mine. He posts banners for me with my menu and such, keeps my topic/countdowns up to date, bans any trolls, tells me when we achieved a countdown (I have a lot of mini countdowns during my show), occasionally answer questions if I'm performing a show and couldn't answer right away, and sends videos to people that purchase them immediately (if I did this, I'd have to wait until after my session to send them). All the while, I am focused on entertaining via my show and it's so much smoother as a result. It's seriously one of the best features of MFC, in my opinion.

Cheers to all room helpers! ^_^ WOO!

Ugh. It was only a matter of time before you ran across these guys. They go by many names (none of which are flattering), but I will hereafter refer to them with the SFW term "fanboy".

Sometimes fanboys are roomhelpers, sometimes they are just guys that are regulars. But they are always obnoxious, regardless of whether or not they have the ability to boot/silence or change room topics.

They advertise the model's photosets, videos, privates...anything that might potentially bring her revenue. Depending on how close they've gotten to the model, they may also have a dialogue going on behind the scenes with her as they alert her to the presence of a good tipper that just wandered in unnoticed; or, on a site that is notorious for chargebacks, they may be warning her the guy trying to chat her up just created his account today; or, they may be explaining that "I could eat dinner off that ass" is a way some Americans compliment; or, they may just be sitting there glued to the monitor because she told them it was close to her time of the month and asked them to keep an eye out for any signs of blood.

They can occasionally be of use to the model (especially for models who are trying to work multiple sites), but more often they are simply a distraction, and a complete nuisance to anyone they come into contact with. They don't just advertise for the model, but they also plead for guys to tip her, and even worse, they can often be heard thanking tippers on her behalf (which may be their most annoying f*cking trait). The world would be a far better place if they were all rounded up and sent into exile; I think the Siberian wilderness would be an ideal location for them.

Why do they do this, you wonder? Well, they are sort of like zombies; but whereas a zombie is only interested in devouring brains or the flesh of the living, the fanboy is only interested in seeing a model clap, giggle, laugh, gloat and glow after a really good show has wrapped up. Again, ugh...

*source: I'm a fanboy

Room helpers, innit. Doing extra unpaid work and parts of a model's job for her is the furthest thing from what I'd want my time in camland to be comprised of but to each their own. I think some guys like that their favourite model(s) trust them enough to let them help out, and enjoy the responsibility.

Wow I've never received so much replies before, you're all so helpful! I'm still very new to this forum so I'm stuck on how to "like" posts and mark them as "funny," etc. It seems like an option only more advanced users can do, and not noobies on here?

how to "like" posts and mark them as "funny," etc. It seems like an option only more advanced users can do, and not noobies on here?
Yep, gotta earn your way into coolville by being active with posts/replies before you get the goodies. :)

Ugh. It was only a matter of time before you ran across these guys. They go by many names (none of which are flattering), but I will hereafter refer to them with the SFW term "fanboy"...

This post really cracked me up! I couldn't tell if you were a model or one of those guys who just hates room helpers (as they're so called). LOL wasn't until you mentioned in the end being you're one yourself, but it sounds like you hate doing it! I sort of pity them because it's like a volunteer job and takes up much their time. And do you get benefits for doing what you do? If I was a guy, I honestly don't think I would give up my time for something like that (no offense at all to anyone). I would though, work my a$$ off to earn money to achieve better benefits than just gaining someone's approval:/. But then again, that makes me sound like a huge hypocriteXD!

• Wat?!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
lol I guess I asked that out of curiosity, sorry!
Oh, no need to apologize! Curiosity is a good thing! It is what pushes us to learn!

Curious. Your initial post you said "...and they literally monitor the room." What made you believe they were monitoring the room?

I cant stand some of the room helpers. There have been quite a few rooms I've stopped visiting because of annoying over zealous room helpers, constantly posting banners every 30 seconds is one of the most annoying, sure every so often I understand and is fine but like the info is normally in the topic too and it hasnt changed in the banner in the 2 second since it scrolled off the top of the screen. They are also the type of room helper where you might say something to the model or ask a question and before she can speak hes already answered it and it just bugs me and if the room helper demands tips then I'm out the door so fast.

IMO a good roomhelper should be invisible doing whatever it is they do to help the model in a way that you barely even know they are a roomhelper

I cant stand some of the room helpers...

Yeah I get what you mean. I always thought they were the models just promoting themselves under another username, then I saw one model having dinner while banners were being canonballed in her room lol. Now I guess I know.

I cant stand some of the room helpers. There have been quite a few rooms I've stopped visiting because of annoying over zealous room helpers, constantly posting banners every 30 seconds is one of the most annoying, sure every so often I understand and is fine but like the info is normally in the topic too and it hasnt changed in the banner in the 2 second since it scrolled off the top of the screen. They are also the type of room helper where you might say something to the model or ask a question and before she can speak hes already answered it and it just bugs me and if the room helper demands tips then I'm out the door so fast.

IMO a good roomhelper should be invisible doing whatever it is they do to help the model in a way that you barely even know they are a roomhelper

I totally agree. An annoying room helper that gets in the way by over posting graphics, countdowns and other info is a big fat fail in my book. I usually end up sticking them on ignore very quickly. I have seen several who are awesome at what they do and deserve a medal for being on the ball and helping the models room run smoothly... but those fanatical eager beavers are just so irritating that they end up on my ignore list quick smart.

Constant cheerleading the room with demands to tip the girl also grates with me. It's my cash that paid for my tokens and I get to choose when and how much to tip. I'll be more likely to hold back and even leave a room when this keeps happening.

I guess I take that part back. They don't really monitor, but it's just the way they word stuff that sounds demanding. Like for example,"50% off new videos! No insulting, no begging, and tip if you like or leave!" It sounds like policing a bit lol..

They remind me of school hall monitors, they think they have a little power and respect but really its kinda sad.

I actually am room helper for a model friend of mine, && I really only post shit like that when it's been DEAD SILENT for like 25 fucking minutes. I also tip && encourage other people to join me if they can, or tip matching small tips, like 5 - 10 tokens... But I don't do this all the time, only when it;s legit so dead that you could hear a pin drop... She'll have like 100 premiums in here room && be doing whatever && it'll be dead silent. I don;t post banners, etc. I just update her topic && sometimes clap for when people do tip after such long silences, etc.

I don't even ban people. I've never banned anyone as a room helper before. I like to check with the model first.

Most of the time, room helpers say stuff that the model is okay with... && if the model really feels that it's helping her... Can't do too much about that. I think most Room Helpers have earned their Room Helper status... I say this because me personally... I would NEVER assign a room helper position to someone that ASKED. When the feature first came out, I had people BEGGING to be Room Helper. I was like NO. I have assigned my bitch to be my room helper before, but he has never once asked. He also only update my topic for me as well.

For me, if it makes my job easier when my hands are busy... [When Is ay busy, I mean like covering my tits, or down my pants, etc] then it can be a big help to not have to interrupt the show every 5 seconds because some members are being fuck tards....

Room helpers can honestly make or break a room

The good ones help with the flow of conversation and know when its appropriate to promo, encourage tipping, sell videos etc

The bad ones actively drive people way and discourage tipping with there constant yapping and need to be centre of attention to show what a good little doggie and amazing white knight they are. I'm pretty sure these over eager types scare people away from talking and contributing in a room and can contribute to a cliquey atmosphere

In my experience and opinion there are many more bad ones than they are good ones on MFC. Choose wisely!

I guess I take that part back. They don't really monitor, but it's just the way they word stuff that sounds demanding. Like for example,"50% off new videos! No insulting, no begging, and tip if you like or leave!" It sounds like policing a bit lol..
Lol. I hear you. They can def get carried away. I have actually seen a few get their helper position taken away mid show in 3 different rooms now. From what I have seen, they don't like to go quietly.
LOL wasn't until you mentioned in the end being you're one yourself, but it sounds like you hate doing it! I sort of pity them because it's like a volunteer job and takes up much their time. And do you get benefits for doing what you do? If I was a guy, I honestly don't think I would give up my time for something like that (no offense at all to anyone). I would though, work my a$$ off to earn money to achieve better benefits than just gaining someone's approval:/. But then again, that makes me sound like a huge hypocriteXD!
I don't hate doing it. If I did, I would stop. Four times now, that is exactly what I have done.

Would you give up your money to tip a model? If so, then you are giving up your time already. I wouldn't do this to gain her approval though; I would do it because she has gained mine. If anything, I am more interested in knowing when I have her disapproval, so that I can correct my course (even if it means it's time to get out of her hair and move the hell on up the road).

But you don't really sound like a hypocrite. You sound more like a guy (who has a bone to pick with room helpers) pretending to be a girl. Not saying this is the case. I'm just saying, if it is...
and you manage to get rating privileges before you get banned...
please do not turd any more of my posts. :D

Room helpers can honestly make or break a room

The good ones help with the flow of conversation and know when its appropriate to promo, encourage tipping, sell videos etc

The bad ones actively drive people way and discourage tipping with there constant yapping and need to be centre of attention to show what a good little doggie and amazing white knight they are. I'm pretty sure these over eager types scare people away from talking and contributing in a room and can contribute to a cliquey atmosphere

In my experience and opinion there are many more bad ones than they are good ones on MFC. Choose wisely!
I want no part of promos, encouraging tipping, or the selling of anything. And may God strike me dead before I thank someone for tipping her. Been down that road, won't do it again. Not my room, not my job. If she can't do that on her own, she deserves to have the invisible hand of the market bitch-slap her right into a respectable line of work :troll:.

I'm still trying to figure out the whole chat thing. If guys are chatting with her, then of course I stfu and stay out of sight. But it is a little trickier when she is sitting there silently staring into the cam and 3 or 4 hundred guys are staring at their monitors without so much as a word. Then I might start yapping at 90 words a minute. I've had situations like this where I annoyed the hell out of somebody, they bitched to her in pm's about me, and I went to them in private and wound up having good conversations with them. I have also had situations where she was clearly busy, somebody came in and I said "Hi", and they completely nutted up on me and then stormed out. So idk. All I know for certain about this is, I rarely go more than two days without either hearing a model tell me to hush, or hearing a member say "F*ck you Just".

But if I am chatting in rooms, it is certainly not because I am needing attention; it is because boredom has reached critical mass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puffin and JimsX
I'm a room helper myself....All of this allows the model to focus on her show and not have to deal with the other stuff. Giving her the freedom to have better shows, and do the fun stuff you enjoy.

Wow, that's great for you! I'm sure you're a real sweet person to get the model to appoint you. Thanks for the great info too:)

Reactions: Puffin
Room helpers, innit. Doing extra unpaid work and parts of a model's job for her is the furthest thing from what I'd want my time in camland to be comprised of but to each their own. I think some guys like that their favourite model(s) trust them enough to let them help out, and enjoy the responsibility.

Oh jeez, I'd tire from that job as well. I feel bad they don't even get paid for it (not sure though). I applaud them for taking up the time to doing something like that though.

But you don't really sound like a hypocrite..

You have an interesting way of putting things. It's true, tipping girls they like would also mean giving up their time and money. That's pretty much why I called myself a hypocrite because I'd be questioning the actions of a room helper and not consider clients who've tipped me for barely doing anything sometimes. So that'd pretty much be also giving up their time:/

And it's funny you think I'm a guy. I get told that sometimes, but I'm really a girl lol. It's probably just the way I talk. I can't really change that, and I apologize if I offend anyone with my posts. Or if anyone thinks I'm trolling or "turding" them? Excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea what turding even means lol?

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
And it's funny you think I'm a guy. I get told that sometimes, but I'm really a girl lol. It's probably just the way I talk. I can't really change that, and I apologize if I offend anyone with my posts. Or if anyone thinks I'm trolling or "turding" them? Excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea what turding even means lol?
Oh it's nothing, making an inside joke at your expense. Apologies, meant nothing by it here either. You have no need to apologize. Just steer clear of big green grin; nobody likes it :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.