AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Food You Hated As A Kid But Now Enjoy?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brussel sprouts are da bomb.

Water is pretty damn great. Surprised I have any bones with all the soda I grew up on.

Pea soup is acceptable either as a term for rain or something draining from a livestock trailer. Exact same consistency, often tint.

Lamb, Asparagus, Duck, Spinach, Kale, Tofu. - and i do not know WHY because I love all of this food.

Sauteed mushrooms. Onions. Meatloaf.

tuna and noodles.
Come to think of it, I didn't like my mom's tuna noodle casserole much when I was young, but grew into it through the years. I'd love some right now.

I'm not sure there are any. I still seem to hate the same things. Ham, canned spaghetti, Dr pepper, brussel sprouts and water chestnuts.

Combine all 5 to defeat Ember (and her little dog too)

Bonus item: canned milk. Little Ember was happy to eat her cereal dry and still is.

• Funny!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
My preferences have stayed pretty much the same. However, I will no longer cry if asked to eat a form of pork that isn't bacon. I still wouldn't really say I now enjoy it, for the most part. But when I was a kid, my parents did the whole "you have to have at least one bite" thing, and it'd take me an hour and half a bottle of ketchup to swallow a piece of sausage or pork chop or ham. I'll now occasionally eat some of those things by choice. It might just be the way my mom prepared them?

In the opposite direction, I now get grossed out even thinking about mushrooms. I used to love them. Even canned ones, somehow.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Do condiments count? Because I use to HATE mustard as a kid. And pickles, I just started liking those.

And does Beer count as well? Everytime a took a sip of it as a kid I hated it. Then boom my adult taste buds enjoy it.

Sauteed mushrooms.

Jimanos pizzeria will sautee the shrooms first if you ask for it on your pizza pie. It's a chain, so maybe there's one near you or you could always ask your favorite pizza place if they will do it too. Adds a whole different flavor to yer pizza. I love sauteed shrooms on steaks, burgers, in omelets... and found an easy way to do it in the nuker. Put the sliced shrooms in a big bowl or 2-quart casserole dish with how much butter you like, nuke for 2 minutes then stir em up a bit before nuking for another 3-5 minutes. Quick & easy with little shrinkage and no need to tend to them in a pan, flipping em...

Mushrooms are also packed with nutritional value. They're low in calories, are great sources of fiber and protein. They also provide many important nutrients, including B vitamins, selenium, potassium, copper, and (particularly when exposed to the sun) vitamin D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nordling

A buddy of mine still hates fresh tomatoes to this day because he thinks their seeds look evil, but loves mater based pasta sauce...go figure.

Tomatoes have the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin K.

Reactions: JickyJuly
I know it's a cliche answer, but I wanted no parts of a brussel sprout as a kid. And to add to my craziness I don't even think I knew what a brussel sprout looked like until I got into Middle School. While my mom loved to force onions and mushrooms on us, if she made brussel sprouts she let us foolishly hate them. I learned in my older years this is because it is one of her favorite things to make and she could have all the brussel sprouts to herself. Once I finally saw what a brussel sprout actually looked like and tried it I was hooked. I still can't quite make them like my mom, but I can make a pretty good batch.

Crab Rangoon like a cream filled donut was a thing that the first time I bit into one as a child and not being prepared for what was coming gave me an irrational hatred to them for years to come. I still don't really like cream filled donuts, but I love some crab rangoon these days. Caveat being I only try like a handful of Chinese/Thai places so it's still limited.

On a beverage front I never liked coffee from basically highschool through college and even the first few years of work post college. I now drink at least 2-3 Cups a day now I have to have it with ice, but other than that I enjoy it.

I'm not sure there are any. I still seem to hate the same things. Ham, canned spaghetti, Dr pepper, brussel sprouts and water chestnuts.

Combine all 5 to defeat Ember (and her little dog too)

Bonus item: canned milk. Little Ember was happy to eat her cereal dry and still is.
Water chestnuts can burn in hell. I'll pick them out of anything and order dishes without.

I know it's a cliche answer, but I wanted no parts of a brussel sprout as a kid. And to add to my craziness I don't even think I knew what a brussel sprout looked like until I got into Middle School. While my mom loved to force onions and mushrooms on us, if she made brussel sprouts she let us foolishly hate them. I learned in my older years this is because it is one of her favorite things to make and she could have all the brussel sprouts to herself. Once I finally saw what a brussel sprout actually looked like and tried it I was hooked. I still can't quite make them like my mom, but I can make a pretty good batch.

Crab Rangoon like a cream filled donut was a thing that the first time I bit into one as a child and not being prepared for what was coming gave me an irrational hatred to them for years to come. I still don't really like cream filled donuts, but I love some crab rangoon these days. Caveat being I only try like a handful of Chinese/Thai places so it's still limited.

On a beverage front I never liked coffee from basically highschool through college and even the first few years of work post college. I now drink at least 2-3 Cups a day now I have to have it with ice, but other than that I enjoy it.
Just roasted brussel sprouts til they were black in olive oil, sea salt, and crushed red pepper tonight for dinner. Tasty.

Reactions: MDouble00
Jimanos pizzeria will sautee the shrooms first if you ask for it on your pizza pie. It's a chain, so maybe there's one near you or you could always ask your favorite pizza place if they will do it too. Adds a whole different flavor to yer pizza. I love sauteed shrooms on steaks, burgers, in omelets... and found an easy way to do it in the nuker. Put the sliced shrooms in a big bowl or 2-quart casserole dish with how much butter you like, nuke for 2 minutes then stir em up a bit before nuking for another 3-5 minutes. Quick & easy with little shrinkage and no need to tend to them in a pan, flipping em...

Mushrooms are also packed with nutritional value. They're low in calories, are great sources of fiber and protein. They also provide many important nutrients, including B vitamins, selenium, potassium, copper, and (particularly when exposed to the sun) vitamin D.
I’ve always appreciated raw mushrooms but hated my moms sautéed ones lol. On salads or pizza I love raw fungus!! Hehe.

My mom made these cabbage rolls, stuffed with meatloaf basically. I HATED them as a kid, I'd sit at the dinner table for hours refusing to take that one bite. then something happened, and I started craving them based off only the memory from when I was little. A can eat a million of those slimy little buggers now!

I always thought it so strange how many parents will continue to make food their children despise and then insist they eat it. I understand insisting they at least try it but if your past that... why keep insisting your kid try to eat that thing you know they hate?

My mom made these cabbage rolls, stuffed with meatloaf basically. I HATED them as a kid, I'd sit at the dinner table for hours refusing to take that one bite. then something happened, and I started craving them based off only the memory from when I was little. A can eat a million of those slimy little buggers now!

I always thought it so strange how many parents will continue to make food their children despise and then insist they eat it. I understand insisting they at least try it but if your past that... why keep insisting your kid try to eat that thing you know they hate?
Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 10.33.02 AM.png

????

I love this stuff, a family friend's mama used to make it for us anytime we were at their house.

This confuses me too. I get if the kid is picky, some kids really need to suck it the fuck up. For like a year straight one of my sister's ate almost nothing but uncooked hot dogs and Mcdonalds. Seriously fam?

At my Moms house I was very rarely forced to eat anything and I was pretty adventurous. The only time my Mom or Grandfather forced me to eat something was when they said "you won't like that" and I insisted on it being put on my plate. YOU WON'T ASK FOR THOSE BRUSSEL SPROUTS AGAIN OR TO PUT YOUR OWN SOYA SAUCE ON YOUR RICE WILL YOU LITTLE EMBER. :haha:

There's definitely a difference between "there's a few things my kid HATES and they can have a P&B sandwich that night" and "My child is a difficult little shit and needs to eat like a normal human being."

Wait.. you don't like soy sauce on rice?

Oh, I like it. But I insisted on putting it on myself, made soya sauce soup with a little rice and my Mom was like "I TOLD YOU, NOW EAT IT."

View attachment 78006

????

I love this stuff, a family friend's mama used to make it for us anytime we were at their house.
Yes!!!!
I HATED IT when I was little (that’s not really surprising, I wouldn’t call it a kid friendly food) but I could live on it now!

Reactions: AmberCutie
I was suuuch a picky eater as a kid! This would drive my Asian, eat-everything-and-be-grateful (the right attitude, imo!) parents crazy, the poor sweeties. Fish, mushrooms, bell peppers, olives... you name it.

These days I eat just about anything :)

Also, my mom made cabbage rolls growing up - yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.