AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best WebCam for Mac Users?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvaNoir

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 4, 2012
Hi, everyone! I'm new to MFC (and ACF!) and I currently have a Logitech C310, which gives me a much better picture than my built-in MacBook webcam. However, I'd like something with more features like zoom, and maybe even a remote?

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've searched the forums, and read that the Logitech 9000 and C910 come highly recommended. However, Logitech cameras can be finicky when used with MacBooks, and you lose some of the features (Logitech doesn't make drivers or software for Macs).

What do girls with Macs use? Thanks so much!

EvaNoir said:
Hi, everyone! I'm new to MFC (and ACF!) and I currently have a Logitech C310, which gives me a much better picture than my built-in MacBook webcam. However, I'd like something with more features like zoom, and maybe even a remote?

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've searched the forums, and read that the Logitech 9000 and C910 come highly recommended. However, Logitech cameras can be finicky when used with MacBooks, and you lose some of the features (Logitech doesn't make drivers or software for Macs).

As a Mac user, I can tell you none of the advanced features on the Logitec cameras will work under OS X. You will get the better picture and such, but no pan and zoom features. If you use boot camp, you can get those features.

I use a C615, myself. But the C910 is supposed to be real good quality on Macs.

heyyy I just got a hd webcam today and I have an older macbook os 10.5.8 (can't even use adobe flash 11, only supports 10) when i log into MFC cam settings it only gives the USB option, and both the isight and the logitech are usb cams... sooo what do i do? anyone know? I cant disable the isight cam without disabling the external cam as well so I'm lost. what's weirder is the new hd cam shows up in the "mic" options in the flash player... this drove me nuts for about two hours until i gave up and just used the isight cam.. hoping to sort it out by tomorrow... any help is great!

UncleThursday said:
EvaNoir said:

As a Mac user, I can tell you none of the advanced features on the Logitec cameras will work under OS X. You will get the better picture and such, but no pan and zoom features. If you use boot camp, you can get those features.

I have been wondering why I don't get any of these features mentioned on my mac. So what's this boot camp thing?

Yeah... I'm the worst webcam girl ever.... lol

Isabella_deL said:
UncleThursday said:
EvaNoir said:

I have been wondering why I don't get any of these features mentioned on my mac. So what's this boot camp thing?

Yeah... I'm the worst webcam girl ever.... lol

BootCamp is a feature in OS X 10 (I think 10.6 and later) that allows you to partition your hard drive to allows for a Windows installation so you can boot into Windows using your Mac. Useful for certain programs that only work on Windows. But it's not perfect, as it ends up using very basic Windows drivers for some things. You'll need a Windows disk to install Windows, though, BootCamp doesn't automagically install Windows for you.

I use a Logitech webcam on OS X 10.6.8 in Bootcamp, and it works great. But check out the Logitech website for downloads because I saw drivers for one of the 900 series there just a week or two ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.