AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Just did my first show ... it wasn't great!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2017
Hey guys and gals, just looking for some advice really.

I did my first show today. The plan was to stay on for 3-4 hours to just ease myself in.

I've done my makup, like my makeup is immaculate! I put on some music and all that, got the room nice and tidy and decent enough lighting.

I started chatting to a guy about the music i had on, he was really cool but was never actually tipped anything. Then someone tipped me 5 tokens and was chatting to me. I thanked him and told him that was my first ever token which he seemed to like. He tipped 1 token every time he said anything and gave me 16 tokens in the end. He was really lovely and said he couldn't stick around but followed me and said he'd see me later.

Then someone tipped me 1 token and asked me if i have periods or am going through menopause (bare in mind im only 23, thanks buddy) and i wasn't sure what to do so i just thanked him for the tip and didn't address his question.

Then that was it. I was sat there for about 30 more mins without anyone saying a single word. I was asking how everyone was, greeting everyone who came in, constant smile on my face and asking what music people would like, but just no answers. I only had about 12 people in my room at a time max.

I have 26 followers now so i suppose that's good, but i just felt so awkward about people ignoring me that i decided to call it a day.

I'd set my goal to 150 tokens for boobs out for 1 min. I'd seen someone do this with a much higher goal and it seemed like a good first goal but clearly not haha.

I'm also wearing some blue lingerie, lacy and shows a lot of cleavage.

Any pointers or any idea what i did wrong? Maybe too high goal or too revealing clothes in the first place? I was on for about an hour and a half in the end and i just felt like such a plonker! Got loads of people say i looked amazing, WOW and all that and loads of compliments on my eyes for some reason!

Edit: I'm on chaturbate btw :)

It is totally normal for things to be a bit weird your first time broadcasting - I mean, you're still kind of figuring out what works, what you want, and the definitions of your comfort levels. Likewise, you're a stranger to members currently...some will be eager to get to know you, some will try to scam, many will try to push your boundaries since they know you're new.

Then someone tipped me 1 token and asked me if i have periods or am going through menopause (bare in mind im only 23, thanks buddy) and i wasn't sure what to do so i just thanked him for the tip and didn't address his question.

I think this was a good way to handle it. Surely he was trying to catch you off guard, so not giving him a reaction was wise. In the future, you can also try lines like, "That's not something I discuss on cam," or, "I'm happy to talk about that in a private show, but I won't discuss your fetish here for 1 token."

There are many different ways to handle these sort of situations. I remember being new and thinking things like, "well, they might pay me, so I should probably play along in this kind of manner to see if they'll tip?" But that's what these dudes are relying on when they approach new models.

Last night, for example, I had a dude tip 8 tokens and ask in a private note if I wanted to tell stories about my fetishes/sex life. I just said, "Not particularly" because it was very out of place for what was happening in my chat room, and quite frankly I'm not interested in handing out boners for pennies. The guy said it was fine, and actually apologized for being out of line, even continued to tip through out the night.

I'd set my goal to 150 tokens for boobs out for 1 min. I'd seen someone do this with a much higher goal and it seemed like a good first goal but clearly not haha.

I personally think this is a bit much. You were likely watching a more established cam model who had this type of goal. Try small tip amounts for tit flashes, or a bigger countdown to get your top off for the rest of the time you're logged in (some examples - 50 tokens for 1 min flash, 200 tokens for topless).

It helps to have little things to tip for, even if they're just silly. 5 tokens to blow a kiss, 7 tokens to tell a joke, 10 tokens for a spank, etc.

I'm an MFC model who has only cammed on CB a couple of times, but I think a lot of this will still apply.

Good luck! I know it gets frustrating when you've been talking to yourself for 30+ mins, but it sounds like you did your best :)

If I may ask, when did you age verify your account and when did you start to broadcast for the first time? I've heard this kind of story often from girls who made the account, age verified it and started to broadcast several days later (for whatever reasons). If that is the case, you have lost the "new" label already and that label is a big winner on the site and brings lots of extra attention.

Also the placement of your room on the site depends on the number of people with tokens in your room (blue members). The more you have, the higher you rise on the site, the more people find your room, you rise higher etc. This can take a considerabe amount of time and being online for 1,5 hours is definitely not enough. As a new girl I can only advise you to be online as much as possible. That is hoping you did not miss the "new girl" period completely.

The goal you set and the token amount are fair in my eyes. Make yourself familiar with apps and bots on cb to break the vicious circle of camming "no tips, no action - no action, no tips". Give guys something to tip for always. Not everyone will want to see a boobs flash and also to pass the time before a goal is reached. Roll the dice or the various tip menu apps or bots are easy to set up and do the job fine when you're new and are perfect combinations for tip goals.

Good luck, have patience, patience, patience (and i'm probably the most impatient person there can be).

If you don't have an Ohmibod, you're going to have a tough time. You're getting followers, so that's good. Everyone's first show is usually not great. I didn't do well my first show, and every now and then, don't. The more you go on, your following builds, the consistency for 'great' shows continues. I'm finding this out. I was good for 1/8 shows being good, now it's like 6/8 I'm pulling in great numbers.

Be patient. Find your niche. It's tough as a woman.

I don't use chaturbate, (I'm on MFC) but when I first started camming I found it really difficult to get people to tip for stuff in the room. Though I didn't really understand prices or anything at the time. But I didn't find it too difficult to get new people to take me in private shows. I think this is probably because private shows are more of a straight up transaction, I then worked towards getting more tips over time.
Your session sounds pretty standard for someone who is new, plenty of trollish guys who like to come and feed on newbies. Try not to let them ruin your experience. Very few girls walk into camming and have an easy ride immediately. Anyone who expects differently will likely be disappointed. Even for experienced camgirls with plenty of great regulars, we all have good days and bad days so definitely don't let yourself get down about one crap session.

• Helpful!
Reactions: pg240
I tend to ignore the weird questions (and straight up block anyone that asks anything close to breaking or outright breaking ToS) and laugh when people call me a "milf" or something like that. The first show is a little rough, but I think it helps to build regulars and followers before setting higher goal shows. Tip menus also really help! I have a tip menu thing for opening PMs- just to make it clear tha I am not going to be opening a PM with someone unless they are paying. That has really helped with the constant "PM? Pm? PM????" things- making people either talk in chat, leave, or tip. ;)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
For me, there is seldom rhyme or reason to any of it and I've been around for a little while.

One day-- I'll make 3000 tokens in 4 hours. The next day-- I'll be on for 8 hours and not even crack 1000.

One thing you need to be prepared for in camming is the ups and downs. It takes time to build a following.

Thanks for the advice everyone. some very good pointers here! I'm gutted I wasted my new model status but that's why I'm not making a mfc account yet until I've got more of an idea of what I'm doing. I know id takes time and I'm willing to be patient. I also know I'm not to everyone's taste but thats okay too. I think I'm going to make a list of things I'm okay with and things I'm not and also what token values suit. Trial and error I suppose! :)

Some bits of advice I would pass on is:

1, Make a twitter account so that you can not only advertise on there by tagging chaturbate but followers can follow you there too and chat offline, just be careful with Direct Messaging or guys asking for something for nothing lol.

2, Def have a tip menu, this will help break down a goal that you have set yourself. You could have like for the main goal top off but have small tip menu items like flashes, dancing or changing the music thats playing (nominate a track)

3, When theres no one talking, have something on standby to keep you occupied and so you dont get bored lol, sometimes even just drawing or colouring in can get some asking what you're doing and it gets a conversation going ;)

My first night or two went similar... But keep at it. Consistency is key. Im only a few weeks into camming but I had a couple of really good nights. I think some of it is luck of the draw

Honestly, along with all of the other ideas, the best thing you can do is to just keep logging on! Consistency is huge. If members log on everyday, they are going to at LEAST see your name on the site everyday, and eventually come into your room. When I was a new model, I had a decent amount of viewers and no tips (like, at all). Just keep hanging in there, continue to grow, and everything else will come along with it! It may take a while to find your groove (or hell, your groove might even evolve), but practice makes perfect ^_^ There will always be slow days; just gotta stick in there so you can experience the good days too.

Edited for Ideas: Also, side note, incorporating games into your room (through the apps/bots) are a good way to get people engaged. Roll the Dice is always a ton of fun, easy to set up, and really helped to kickstart my room. Look through all of the apps and bots, and see what kind of fun you can have! There is everything from roll the dice, token keno, hangman, and more. People love spontaneity :h:

The rooms with the most people on MFC and CB are usually rooms where the model is talking with the viewers. People want to feel like the interaction has elements of a real-world relationship. So if you can talk and interact, do that.

Men are visual and respond to movement. So every few minutes stand up and move around. Do what feels natural to you, which might mean dance a little, or - without removing any clothes - maybe get into a suggestive position but quickly adjust back to your regular position. Assuming you want privates with men - which pay quite well - then you are basically trying to get men interested in you physically.

On CB, one of the best features is how they color code the users. The dark purple users are the rich ones, and they are the people most likely to buy privates with you. Keep looking at that Users list and when a new dark purple enters the room, get to know him. Maybe initiate a PM to him. When you are just starting out, you have a lot of empty time and you need to build a customer base.

You might think about lowering the price of your private chats as well, just as a loss-leader to help build a customer base. At this point your objective is not to get maximum dollar in each show. Your objective should be to develop a core group of guys who want to spend time with you in privates on a regular basis. Once your dance card is full, then your prices can go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.